Heat Pump Repair
When the weather is freezing and you have a problem with your heat pump, you want it fixed as quickly as possible. After all, you can only wear so many layers of clothing and cover up with so many blankets. At Reliant Air Conditioning, our technicians are knowledgeable about every make and model of heat pump, so we can quickly diagnose your issue and perform your heat pump repair. We know that time is of the essence, so we will work as fast as possible to make sure you are once again warm and comfortable.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Repair
Heat pumps are normally quite reliable but can develop issues just like any piece of mechanical equipment. Here are some indications that you will need heat pump repair.
- The unit ices up. While it’s normal for the coil to be covered with a light frost, the entire unit should never be encased in ice. This is an indication that you have a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately so that you can avoid serious damage. There could be several different causes, including a bad fan motor, stuck reversing valve, bad defrost sensor, and many others.
- The unit doesn’t get your home warm enough. If you set your room temperature to 73 degrees but it only gets up to 68, you may need to call Reliant Air Conditioning. This is especially the case if the outside temperature is 35 degrees or higher. Your system’s compressor valve may be bad or you could have some sort of restriction that is blocking the proper flow of air.
- The heat pump makes odd noise. If you hear buzzing or humming noises, this is typically normal and should not be a cause for concern. However, if you hear loud vibrations, clanging, banging, or scraping, you need to immediately shut off the system and give us a call. This may be an issue with your blower fan that may require the help of a trained technician.
- The unit doesn’t produce any heat at all. If your unit still doesn’t work after you have tried hitting the reset button, you may have an overloaded motor or a problem with the power supply.
Heat Pump Maintenance
If you have your unit serviced regularly, you’ll greatly reduce the need for heat pump repair. At Reliant Air Conditioning, we perform several checks as part of our heat pump maintenance program, which includes:
- Checking for proper blower operation
- Checking all electrical connections to make sure they’re secure
- Insuring that the refrigerant system is working correctly
- Cleaning or replacing air filters if necessary
- Checking and adjusting all safety controls