Air Conditioner Maintenance
Professional Air Conditioning Maintenance
Proper air conditioner maintenance can help your unit last decades. On the flip-side, a neglected air conditioner loses roughly 5% of its efficiency each year that it operates without upkeep. So that green machine you bought to stay cool could start to function like the most inefficient thing on the market if you fail to perform regular air conditioner maintenance.*Manufacturer Requires Proof on Maintenance performed on all equipment in order to honor factory parts warranty.
Filters and coils are both parts that require regular HVAC maintenance for your air conditioner to operate effectively and efficiently. Neglecting your unit leads to poor air conditioning performance and increased energy consumption, and regular air conditioner maintenance is far less costly than AC repair or replacement.
By keeping your unit operating at peak performance through HVAC maintenance, you will recover any money invested in upkeep by lower repair costs and savings on your electric bill.
Our AC Maintenance Inspection Checklist
The air conditioner maintenance offered by Reliant Air Conditioning includes a checking of the following items:
- Thermostat settings ensure cooling and heating operations keep you comfortable when you're home and cut energy use when you're not.
- Electrical connections should be tightened. Voltages and currents on motors should be measured. Poorly maintained electrical connections cause unsafe operation of your system while reducing the life of all components.
- Lubricate moving parts. Friction causes additional resistance in motors and increases the amount of electricity used.
- Inspect the condensate drain in central AC units, furnaces, and heat pumps (for cooling modes). Plugged drains cause overflows and water damage, affecting indoor humidity levels.
- Controls ensure safe and proper operation. We check that the system cycles (starts, operates, and shuts off) properly.
- Evaporator and condenser air coils. Dusty, dirty coils reduce a system's ability to cool your home. They cause the system to run longer, raising energy costs while stressing the life of the equipment.
- Check and adjust the refrigerant level of your central air conditioner. Too much or too little refrigerant is another symptom of a less efficient, energy-increasing, and life-reducing system.
- Clean and adjust blower component. This provides proper airflow for greater comfort. Airflow problems cause system reduction up to 15%.
Reliant Air Conditioning’s affordable Hero Club saves you money by preventing future repairs while protecting your valuable investment in your home and your family’s comfort. Here is what you will receive with our 44-point annual checkup.
* Free estimate on replacement equipment only.