Winter is the perfect time to pick up an air humidifier for your home. The warm air from heaters and furnaces may keep you warm during the colder months but they also dry out the air in your house. The dryness in your home could lead to a host of health problems including dry and cracked skin, watery, burning eyes, sinusitis and an itchy throat. Home humidifiers have multiple benefits, so read on to find out 10 benefits of having an air humidifier.
1. Prevents and relieves dry and scratchy lips and skin
2. Humidifiers moisten the air which helps eliminate flu, cough, and cold symptoms
3. Moist, humid air helps reduce nosebleeds
4. Helps asthma suffers as the improved air quality moisturizes the respiratory system
5. Added moisture allows the throat and nose to block dust and bacteria from entering
6. Keep infants and young children from getting sick and helps them sleep better
7. Increases oxygen levels, thus reducing headaches, fatigue, and overall tiredness
8. Keeps wood floors, furniture, plaster and paint from drying out and separating, cracking or peeling
9. Prevents static shock by reducing the static electricity in the room
10. Lowers heating bills by raising the humidity levels, making your home and body feel warmer and more comfortable
Using a humidifier frequently can help you save on furniture repairs and doctor’s visits. Make sure to keep the humidity around 40% to keep mold from forming in your house. If your home is too humid you will notice moisture on the windows, meaning the humidity needs to be turned down. If you think added humidity would benefit your home and family call a heating and cooling specialist today and find your perfect air humidifier.
Do you use a humidifier in your home during the winter? Tell us below in the comments section!